COVID-19 Home Cleaning Policies
Dear Valued Customer,
This letter is to let you know our plan for returning back to work in the “new normal”. Our first priority is to keep both you and our staff safe and healthy. In order to do this we will be implementing the following policies and procedures:
- LTC Cleaning will be following the CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. It does not kill germs, but by removing them, it removes and lowers their numbers and thus the risk of infection. Disinfection refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces but by killing germs after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of infection. According to the CDC most effective way to disinfect surfaces due to the Covid 19 virus is to use a solution with at least a 62% alcohol or with a bleach based cleaning product. These are the products we will be using to clean your home.
- Our equipment, such as vacuum cleaners and cleaning buckets, will be wiped down with either an alcohol or bleached based disinfectant between jobs.
- At the beginning of the work day, all staff will have their temperature taken via a portable digital forehead thermometer. Anyone with a temperature or cough will not be allowed to work.
- All of our staff will wear a mask, face shield and disposable gloves while working inside your home.
- After performing our usual cleaning, we will wipe down and disinfect other potential sources of contamination such as countertops, kitchen and dining room tables, doorknobs, light switches, handrails on stairways, toilet flush handle, faucet and faucet handles, refrigerator door handles, hardwired phones and remote controls with a bleach or alcohol based product.
- If anyone is at home at the time of your cleaning, we ask that you wear a mask and practice social distancing by staying out of the room that our staff member is cleaning. Or if you would prefer, and the weather is nice enough, go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
- Please let us know immediately if anyone in your household is sick, has a fever or a cough so that we can reschedule.
We understand that some of you may have to continue to work at home and/or have children that you are homeschooling and may have to adjust your cleaning schedule accordingly so please let me know so that we can accommodate your new lifestyle.
We thank you for your help and support during these trying times and look forward to returning or work as soon as the work ban is lifted.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of these practices or your schedule please feel free to call (978-263-5448) or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). Sincerely, John Barber